Mr. Web Counter says you are visitor since 10/01/2000.
Mark A. Edelman
Professor, Iowa State University
B.S. Kansas State University, 1975
M.S. Kansas State University, 1978
Ph.D., Purdue University, 1981
Public Policy Economist
Interests: Public Policy, Taxation, State/Local Government, Education Finance, Rural Health, Agricultural Policy, Rural Development and Trade Policy
Selected Published Works:
- "A Comparison of Fiscal Consequences for Tax and Expenditure Limitation Proposals," Review of Agricultural Economics,Spring/Summer,1999.
- "Selected Comparisons of National Rural and Urban Preferences on Health Care Access, Demographics and Policy Issues," The Journal of Rural Health, Summer 1996.
- "Does Rural Court Consolidation Save Costs?," Judicature: Journal Judicial Literature for the American Judicature Society Oct-Nov (1995).
- "Innovation in Structural Change of Local Government," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, November 1990.
- "An Analysis of Selected School Aid Compensation Options for School Districts with Declining Enrollment," Journal of Education Finance 15(4) (1990).
- "A Classic Economies of Size Analysis of Average School Costs: An Iowa Case Study." North Central Journal of Agricultural Economics Jan 1990.
- "Use of Marketing Alternatives by lowa Farm Operators," Agribusiness: An International Journal 6(1) (1990).
- "An Analysis of Iowa Farm Policy Preferences: An Ordered Probit Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics 71(4) Nov 1989.
- "An Analysis of Agricultural and Trade Policy Preferences of lowa Farm Operators," North Central Journal of Agricultural Economics 10(2) July 1988.
- "Reassessing Use Value Appraisal of Farmland for Property Tax Purposes." Assessment Digest, Journal of the International Association of Assessing Officiers, Jun-Aug 1988.
Honors and Unique Experiences:
- Outstanding Young Alum-College of Agriculture, Kansas State University, 1998
- Outstanding Achievement in Public Policy Education, Farm Foundation, 1998
- Campus Coordinator, Rural Policy Research Institute, 1993-1997
- Coordinator, Iowa Public Policy Education Project (PPEP), 1988-1993
- City Council Member, Boone, Iowa; population 12,500, 1994-1997
- National AAEA Distinguished Program Award, 1992
- Former Board of Director member, Land O'Lakes, Inc., 1985-89
- Chair, North Central Policy Education Committee, 1986-89
- Consultant to lowa Legislative School Finance Study, 1988
- Outstanding Extension Program and Service Awards, South Dakota State University, 1984
- Phi Kappa Phi; Gamma Sigma Delta
View Recent "Plain Economic Sense" Columns
Request More Information
Economics Home Page |
Index of Faculty