Chad E. Hart
478F Heady Hall
Iowa State University
518 Farm House Lane
Ames, IA 50011
(most recent listed first)
- Wendong Zhang, Wei Zhang, and Chad Hart. "Are Agricultural Professionals' Farmland Value and Crop Price Forecasts Consistent?" Journal of the ASFMRA forthcoming.
- Tonya Haigh, Vikram Koundinya, Chad Hart, Jenna Klink, Maria Lemos, Amber Saylor Mase, Linda Prokopy, Ajay Singh, Dennis Todey, and Melissa Widhalm. "Provision of Climate Services for Agriculture: Public and Private Pathways to Farm Decision-making." Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society forthcoming.
- Minghao Li, Wendong Zhang, and Chad Hart. "What Have We Learned from China's Past Trade Retaliation Strategies?" Choices 33(2018):individual article.
- Alejandro Plastina and Chad Hart. "Is ARC-CO Acting as a Safety Net Program? Evidence from Iowa." Choices 33(2018):individual article.
- Jinzhi Xiao, Chad Hart, and Sergio H. Lence. "USDA Forecasts of Crop Ending Stocks: How Well Have They Performed?" Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy 39(2017):220-241.
- Yuba R. Kandel, Daren S. Mueller, Chad Hart, Nathan R. C. Bestor, Carl A. Bradley, Keith A. Ames, Loren J. Giesler, and Kiersten A. Wise. "Analyses of Yield and Economic Response from Foliar Fungicide and Insecticide Applications to Soybean in the North Central United States." Plant Health Progress 17(2016):232-238.
- Adam J. Sisson, Yuba R. Kandel, Chad Hart, Amy Asmus, Stith N. Wiggs, and Daren S. Mueller. "Effect of Foliar Fungicide and Insecticide on Hail-Damaged Soybean." Plant Health Progress 17(2016):141-148.
- Chad Hart, Sergio H. Lence, Dermot J. Hayes, and Na Jin. "Price Mean Reversion, Seasonality, and Options Markets." American Journal of Agricultural Economics 98(2016):707-725.
- Adam J. Sisson, Yuba R. Kandel, Alison E. Robertson, Chad Hart, Amy Asmus, Stith N. Wiggs, and Daren S. Mueller. "Effect of Foliar Fungicides Use on Hail-Damaged Corn." Plant Health Progress 17(2016):6-12.
- Linda S. Prokopy, Chad Hart, Raymond Massey, Melissa Widhalm, Jenna Klink, Jeffrey Andresen, James Angel, Thomas Blewett, Otto C. Doering, Roger Elmore, Benjamin M. Gramig, Patrick Guinan, Beth L. Hall, Atul Jain, Cody L. Knutson, Maria C. Lemos, Lois W. Morton, Dev Niyogi, Rebecca Power, Martha D. Shulski, Carol X. Song, Eugene S. Takle, and Dennis Todey. "Using a Team Survey to Improve Team Communication for Enhanced Delivery of Agro-Climate Decision Support Tools." Agricultural Systems 138(2015):31-37.
- Linda S. Prokopy, J. Stuart Carlton, J. Gordon Arbuckle Jr., Tonya Haigh, Maria C. Lemos, Amber S. Mase, Nicholas Babin, Mike Dunn, Jeff Andresen, Jim Angel, Chad Hart, and Rebecca Power. "Extension's Role in Disseminating Information about Climate Change to Agricultural Stakeholders in the United States." Climatic Change 130(2015):261-272.
- Sergio H. Lence, Herve G. Ott, and Chad Hart. "Long-term Futures Curves and Seasonal Structures of Wheat in the European Union and the United States." The Journal of Futures Markets 33(2013):1118-1142.
- William M. Edwards and Chad Hart. "Sharing Financial Risk through Flexible Farm Lease Agreements." Journal of the ASFMRA 76(2013):154-166.
- Linda S. Prokopy, Tonya Haigh, Amber S. Mase, Jim Angel, Chad Hart, Cody Knutson, Maria C. Lemos, Yun-Jia Lo, Jean McGuire, Lois W. Morton, Jennifer Perron, Dennis Todey, and Melissa Widhalm. "Agricultural Advisors: A Receptive Audience for Weather and Climate Information?" Weather, Climate, and Society 5(2013):162-167.
- Mahdi Al-Kaisi, Roger Elmore, Jose Guzman, Mark Hanna, Chad Hart, Matthew Helmers, Erin Hodgson, Andrew Lenssen, Antonio Mallarino, Alison Robertson, and John Sawyer. "Drought Impact on Crop Production and the Soil Environment: 2012 Experiences from Iowa." Journal of Soil and Water Conservation 68(2013):19A-24A (feature article).
- Ariel Singerman, Chad Hart, and Sergio H. Lence. "Revenue Protection for Organic Producers: Too Much or Too Little." Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 37(2012):415-434.
- William Edwards and Chad Hart. "Introduction to the US Livestock Revenue Insurance System." Farm Policy Journal 9(2012):47-51 (invited article).
- Na Jin, Sergio Lence, Chad Hart, and Dermot Hayes. "The Long-Term Structure of Commodity Futures." American Journal of Agricultural Economics 94(2012):718-735.
- Tun-Hsiang Yu, Chad Hart, and Wen You. "Evaluating Food-Fuel Trade-Offs Via Market Choice: The Case of Iowa Corn Producers." Green: The International Journal of Sustainable Energy Conversion and Storage 1(2011):123-126.
- Silvia Secchi, Lyubov Kurkalova, Philip W. Gassman, and Chad Hart. "Land Use Change in a Biofuels Hotspot: The Case of Iowa, USA." Biomass and Bioenergy 35(2011):2391-2400.
- Nick D. Paulson, Chad Hart, and Dermot J. Hayes. "A Spatial Bayesian Approach to Weather Derivatives." Agricultural Finance Review 70(2010):79-96.
- Hongli Feng and Chad Hart. "Willingness to Pay for Surplus Sugar in the United States." Contemporary Economic Policy 28(2010):429-437.
- Dermot J. Hayes, Bruce A. Babcock, Jacinto F. Fabiosa, Simla Tokgoz, Amani Elobeid, Tun-Hsiang Yu, Fengxia Dong, Chad Hart, Edward Chavez, Suwen Pan, Miguel Carriquiry, and Jerome Dumortier. "Biofuels: Potential Production Capacity, Effects on Grain and Livestock Sectors, and Implications for Food Prices and Consumers." Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics 41(2009):465-491.
- Simla Tokgoz, Amani Elobeid, Jacinto F. Fabiosa, Dermot J. Hayes, Bruce A. Babcock, Tun-Hsiang Yu, Fengxia Dong, and Chad Hart. "Bottlenecks, Drought, and Oil Price Spikes: Impact on U.S. Ethanol and Agricultural Sectors." Review of Agricultural Economics 30(2008):604-622.
- Nick D. Paulson, Bruce A. Babcock, Chad Hart, and Dermot J. Hayes. "An Insurance Approach to Risk Management in the Ethanol Industry." Agricultural and Resource Economics Review 37(2008):51-62.
- Miguel Carriquiry, Bruce A. Babcock, and Chad Hart. "Using a Farmer's Beta for Improved Estimation of Expected Yields." Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 33(2008):52-68.
- Amani Elobeid and Chad Hart. "Ethanol Expansion in the Food versus Fuel Debate: How Will Developing Countries Fare?" Journal of Agricultural and Food Industrial Organization 5(2007): Article 6.
- Amani Elobeid, Simla Tokgoz, and Chad Hart. "The Ethanol Outlook for Brazil and the United States and Implications for Livestock." International Sugar Journal 109(2007):174-177 (invited article).
- Amani Elobeid, Simla Tokgoz, Dermot J. Hayes, Bruce A. Babcock, and Chad Hart. "The Long-Run Impact of Corn-Based Ethanol on the Grain, Oilseed, and Livestock Sectors: A Preliminary Assessment." AgBioForum 10(2007):11-18.
- Patrick Westhoff, Scott Brown, and Chad Hart. "When Point Estimates Miss the Point: Stochastic Modeling of WTO Restrictions." Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development 2(2006):87-107.
- Chad Hart, Dermot J. Hayes, and Bruce A. Babcock. "Insuring Eggs in Baskets: Should the Government Insure Individual Risks?" Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics 54(2006):121-137.
- Chad Hart. "Ethanol: Policies, Production, and Profitability in USA." International Sugar Journal 106(2004):597-599 (invited article).
- Bruce A. Babcock, Chad Hart, and Dermot J. Hayes. "Actuarial Fairness of Crop Insurance Rates with Constant Rate Relativities." American Journal of Agricultural Economics 86(2004):563-575.
- Chad Hart and Sergio H. Lence. "Financial Constraints and Farm Investment: A Bayesian Examination." Journal of Business and Economic Statistics 22(2004):51-63.
- Chad Hart and Bruce A. Babcock. "U.S. Farm Policy and the WTO: How Do They Match Up?" The Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy 3(2002):119-139.
- Chad Hart, Bruce A. Babcock, and Dermot J. Hayes. "Livestock Revenue Insurance." The Journal of Futures Markets 21(2001):553-580.
- Sergio H. Lence and Chad Hart. "Index Models and Land Allocation Reconsidered." Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics 45(1997):267-284.