Dr. Sonya Kostova HuffmanDepartment of
Economics, Iowa State University
Address: 368D Heady Hall, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Phone: (515) 294-4299
Applied Welfare Economics/Public Policy,
Labor Economics, Health Economics, Consumption and Demand Analysis, Economics of
the Household, Transition Economies
- Sonya K. Huffman and Helen H. Jensen, "Linkages among Welfare, Food
Assistance Programs and Labor Supply: Evidence from the Survey of Program
Dynamics," Applied Economics , Vol. 37, 10, pp. 1099-1113, June 2005
- Sonya K. Huffman, "Evaluation of Consumption and Welfare Changes
under Transition in Rural Poland," Eastern European Economics , Vol.
43, 3, pp. 5-20, May-June 2005
- Gi Kang, Sonya Huffman and Helen H. Jensen, "An Empirical Analysis of
Joint Decisions on Labor Supply and Welfare Participation," Applied
Economics Letters , Vol. 11, 14, pp. 869-872, November, 2004
- Huffman, S.K. and S.R. Johnson, "Impacts of Economic
Reform in Poland: Incidence and Welfare Changes Within a Consistent
Framework." Review of Economics and Statistics, Vol. 86, 2, pp.
626-636, May, 2004
- Huffman, S.K. and S.R. Johnson, “Empirical Tests of Impacts of Rationing:
the Case of Poland in Transition.” Economic
Systems 28 (March 2004):79-99.
- Kilkenny, M. and S.K. Huffman, “Rural/Urban Welfare
Program and Labor Force Participation.” American Journal of
Agricultural Economics, Vol. 85, 4, pp. 914-927, November,
- Huffman, S.K. and S.R. Johnson, “Re-evaluation of
Welfare Changes during the Transition in Poland.” Post-Communist
Economies, vol.14 no.1, 2002.
Professor Huffman teaches economics 370 "Comparative Capitalism
and Economic Transitions."