Justin L. Tobias
Associate Professor of Economics
Iowa State University
(With Gary Koop and Dale J. Poirier)
Volume 7 of Econometric Exercises Series, Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- University of Chicago, Ph.D., 1999. Committee:: Jason Abrevaya, James Heckman, Arnold Zellner
- Associate Professor of Economics, Iowa State University: 2004-Present
- Assistant/ Associate Professor, University of California-Irvine (Tenured During 5th year) 1999-2004
Honors / Editoral Positions:
- Distinguished Author of the Journal of Applied Econometrics (As of 2008)
- Iowa State University, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Early Achievement in Research Award (1-3 awards per year for the College), 2008.
- The UC-Irvine Distinguished Assistant Professor Award for Teaching (one award made per year for the campus), 2003-2004.
- Editoral Board, Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, 2002-Present
- Associate Editor, Economics of Education Review (As of 2008)
Papers in Progress:
- Do Individuals with the Highest Returns to Schooling Acquire the Most Schooling? Bayesian Inference in a Correlated Random Coefficient Model (with Mingliang Li). In Progress.
- Measuring the impact of WIC on intra-household calcium consumption (with A. Ishdorj and H. Jensen) . Accepted for Publication .
- What are the Consequences of Consequentiality? (with J. Herriges, C. Kling, Chih-Chen Liu). Revised and resubmitted.
- Something with Brendan Kline on BMI, latent types and Gaussian mixtures.
- The Wages of BMI: Bayesian Analysis of a Skewed Treatment-Response Model with Nonparametric Endogeneity (with Brendan Kline).
- Journal of Applied Econometrics, forthcoming.
- Estimating Demand Systems when Outcomes are Correlated Counts (with J. Herriges and D. Phaneuf).
- Journal of Econometrics, forthcoming.
- Semiparametric Bayesian Inference in Multiple Equations Models
(with G. Koop and D.J. Poirier)
- Journal of Applied Econometrics, 2005.
- Learning about Heterogeneity in Returns to Schooling (with Gary Koop).
- Journal of Applied Econometrics, 2004.
- Are Returns to Schooling Concentrated Among the Most Able? A Semiparametric Analysis of the Ability-Earnings Relationship
- Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 2003.
- Simple Estimators for Treatment Parameters in a Latent Variable Framework (with Jim Heckman and Ed Vytlacil)
- Review of Economics and Statistics, 2003.
- On the Predictive Distributions of Outcome Gains in the Presence of an Unidentified Parameter (with Dale J. Poirier)
- Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 2003.
- Do Dropouts Suffer from Dropping Out? Estimation and Prediction of Outcome Gains in Generalized Selection Models (with M. Li and D.J. Poirier)
- Journal of Applied Econometrics, 2003.
- Nonparametric Density and Regression Estimation (with John DiNardo)
- Journal of Economic Perspectives, 2001.
- Further Results on Bayesian Method of Moments Analysis of the Multiple Regression Model (with Arnold Zellner)
- International Economic Review, 2001.