Soil Management Land
My other academic profiles:
- Department of Economics
- Center for Agricultural and Rural Development
- Digital Repository @ Iowa State University
- Ag Decision Maker
Publications - Working Papers
15. He, Xi, Gil DePaula, and Wendong Zhang. June 2021. Roads, Trade, and Development: Evidence from the Agricultural Boom in Brazil.
14. He, Xi, Minghao Li, Wendong Zhang, Lulu Rodriguez, James M Gbeda, Shuyang Qu. June 2021. Political Bias, Media, and U.S. Midwest Farmers Reactions to the U.S.-China Trade War. Under Review at American Journal of Political Science (Corresponding Author)
13. Cheng, Nieyan, Tang Chuan, Pengfei Liu, Minghao Li, and Wendong Zhang. June 2021. Pipeline and Property Values: A Nationwide Hedonic Analysis of Pipeline Accidents Over the Past Three Decades. (AAEA Poster)
12. Howad, Gregory, Wendong Zhang, Adriana Valcu-Lisman, and Phillip Gassman. September 2021. Evaluating the Efficiency-Participation Tradeoff in Agricultural Conservation Programs: The Effect of Reverse Auctions, Spatial Targeting, and Higher Offered Payments. Under Review at Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (Corresponding Author)
11. Shr, Jimmy, and Wendong Zhang. August 2021. Does Omitting Downstream Water Quality Attributes Change Economic Benefits of Nutrient Reduction: Evidence from a Discrete Choice Experiment. Under Review at Journal of Environmental Economics and Management (Corresponding Author)
10. Cheng, Nieyan, Tao Xiong and Wendong Zhang. June 2021. The Impact of China's Place-Based Environmental Regulations on Its Hog Industry and Water Quality: A Synthetic Difference-in-differences Approach. Reject and Resubmit at American Journal of Agricultural Economics
9. He, Xi, Edward J. Balistreri, Gyu Hyun Kim, Tao Xiong, and Wendong Zhang. July 2021. A General Equilibrium Assessment of the Labor Productivity Impacts of COVID-19 on China's Regional Economies. Under Review at Journal of Productivity Analysis (Corresponding Author)
8. Li, Haoran, Xibo Wan, and Wendong Zhang. November 2021. Do Firms Hedge Against Political Tensions? Evidence from Chinese Food Importers of Norwegian Salmon. Under Review at the World Economy
7. Graziano, Marcello, Kevin Meyer, Pengfei Liu, and Wendong Zhang. August 2020. Impact of Waterborne E. Coli Outbreaks on Local Communities: Evidence from Housing Transactions in Michigan
6. He, Xi, Dermot Hayes, Miguel Carriquiry, Amani Elobeid, Wendong Zhang, Minghao Li. June 2021. China’s Growing Feed Imports: Projections from the CARD Agricultural Modeling Approach. Under Review at Agribusiness
5. Zhang, Wendong, Hocheol Jeon, Xibo Wan, Yilan Xu, Brent Sohngen, and Stuart Ludsin, November 2019, Harmful Algal Blooms and Angler Welfare: A Spatially-Integrated Economic-Ecological Model of Lake Erie Recreational Angling.
4. Maule, Beatrice, Wendong Zhang, and Qing Liu, July 2021. Of Women and Land: How Gender Affects Successions and Transfers of Iowa Farms. (Winner of the 2021 AAEA Undergraduate Paper Competition)
3. Rodriguez, L., S. Qu, G. Han, W. Zhang, M. Li, and E. Cork. July 2020. “What Midwest Farmers Think about the Trade Dispute with China: Concerns, Claims, Solutions, and Information Needs”, Selected Poster Presentation for the 2020 National Agricultural Communication Symposium (NACS) at the Southern Association of Agricultural Scientists meeting,
2. Hasan, Syed M. and Wendong Zhang. May 2020. Will Urbanization in Developing Countries Reduce Carbon Emissions? Panel Data Evidence from Pakistani Household Surveys.
1. Zhang, Wendong, and Elena G. Irwin. June 2017. The Expanding Ethanol Market and Farmland Values: Identifying the Changing Influence of proximity to Agricultural Market Channels. mimeo.