(most recent listed first)
- Economic Considerations on Cover Crop Adoption Iowa Learning Farms Conservation Webinar Series. Mar 24, 2021.
- Ag Decision Maker Tools and Program Analysis Ag Decision Maker Webinar. Feb 5, 2021.
- Cover Crops by Region: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly in the Midwest Invited Flash Talk at the Workshop on Reducing the Health Impacts of the Nitrogen Problem organized by the Environmental Health Matters Initiative, National Academy of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Feb 4, 2021.
- Estimated Costs of Crop Production Webinar and Panel Discussion organized by the Iowa Farm Bureau. Jan 28, 2021.
- Economic Drivers of Cover Crop Adoption Invited Presentation at the 2020 Soil Management Summit, University of Minnesota Extension. Dec 16, 2020.
- Farm Finances and Government Programs Pro-Ag Outlook and Management, ISUEO Ag Decision Maker Webinar Series. Dec 8, 2020.
- Farm Finances and the Impact of Government Support Programs Ag Outlook for College Students, ISUEO Ag Decision Maker Webinar Series. Dec 2, 2020.
- Crop Finances and Government Payments ISUEO Ag Decision Maker Webinar: 2020 Government Payments and USDA FSA Programs. Oct 15, 2020.
- Overview of the Ag Economy Invited Presentation at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Des Moines Office. Sep 10, 2020.
- Farm Financial Situation and Costs of Crop Production Issues Impacting Iowa Farmland Owners and Tenants for 2021, ISU Center for Ag Law and Taxation Webinar. Aug 25, 2020.
- Ag Trends, Opportunities, and Challenges Invited Presentation at the Ag Forum on Agriculture and the Economy, Successful Communities Speaker Series. Greenfield, IA. Mar 13, 2020.
- Farm Bill Decisions First National Bank, Eagly Grove, IA. Mar 6, 2020.
- Land Ownership and Use of Conservation Practices Invited presentation to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago's conference on Improving Midwest Agriculture and the Environment. Chicago, IL. Nov 20, 2019.
- Critical Role of Land Values and Interest Rates in the Stabilization of the Ag Sector Invited presentation to Annual Pro-Ag Outlook and Management Meetings. Fort Dodge, IA. Nov 13, 2019.
- Farm Financial Situation and Strategies for 2020-2025 Invited presentation to Annual Pro-Ag Outlook and Management Meetings. Sioux Falls, IA. Nov 10, 2019.
- How Weather Affects the Decomposition of Total Factor Productivity in U.S. Agriculture Invited Seminar at the Department of Agricultural Economics, University of Kentucky. Lexington, KY. Oct 31, 2019.
- Water Quality and Economic Incentives in Crop Production Invited presentation to North Raccoon River Watershed Management Coalition. Lake City, IA. Oct 18, 2019.
- Situación Financiera del Agro en EE.UU. y Iowa Invited presentation to Grupo CREA from Argentina. Ames, IA. Sep 9, 2019.
- How Weather Affects the Decomposition of Total Factor Productivity in U.S. Agriculture Selected Paper at the 2019 Agriculture and Applied Economics Association Meetings. Atlanta, GA. July 23, 2019.
- Meeting Changing Public Demands for Sustainability Invited Presentation to Extension Section Track on Changing Needs for Farm Management Education in the Future. 2019 Agriculture and Applied Economics Association Meetings. Atlanta, GA. July 23, 2019.
- Farm Bill, Crop Insurance, and Short Term Aid Invited presentation to 19th Annual Insuring Iowa's Agriculture Conference. Ames, IA. June 18, 2019.
- Farm Finances and the 2018 Farm Bill Invited presentation to Farm Management Team In-Service Training. Ames, IA. May 13, 2019.
- Who owns, rents, and buys farmland today in Iowa? Invited presentation to ANR Professional Development Conference. Ames, IA. Apr 4, 2019.
- Farm Management in Times of Low Margins. Invited Presentation to the National Farmers Convene'19. West Des Moines,IA - Mar 11, 2019.
- 2018 Farm Bill. Invited Presentation to the 2019 Farm Update Meeting organized by Cornerstone Insurance Services and Palo Alto Extension. Estherville and Everly,IA - Feb 6-7, 2019.
- Soil Health and Farm Profitability. Invited Presentation (Panel Discussion) at the 2019 Soil Health Conference organized by ISUEO. Ames,IA - Feb 4, 2019.
- Farm Safety Net. Invited Presentation to the 74th Professional Agriculture Workers Conference organized by Tuskegee University. Opelika, Alabama - Dec 3, 2018.
- Land values and interest rates: will Iowa farms sink or swim? Presented at the 2018 Integrated Crop Management Conference, Ames, IA - November 28, 2018.
- Do Cost-Share Programs Result in Higher Adoption of Cover Crops in Iowa? A Propensity Score Matching Assessment Presented by Mr. Wendiam Sawadgo at the 2018 AAEA Meetings in Washington DC - August 2018.
- Key Findings from the Iowa Farmland Ownership and Tenure survey Presented with Dr. Wendong Zhang at ISU Alumni Center, Ames, IA - June 28, 2018. See short video, or full presentation.
- Financial Analysis for Farm Succession 102 Presented at Farm Succession Professional Development Conference, International Farm Transition Network, Des Moines, IA - June 26, 2018.
- Financial Analysis for Farm Succession 101 Presented at Farm Succession Professional Development Conference, International Farm Transition Network, Des Moines, IA - June 25, 2018.
- Economics of Cover Crops Webinar Presented at ANR at Noon, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa. Mar 9, 2018.
- Managing the Farm Through Lean Times Presented at Northeast Iowa Agricultural Experimental Association, Nashua, Iowa. Mar 6, 2018.
- Data Resources and Tools for Marketing Crops and Livestock. Presented at the Big Data for (Sm)all Farmers Workshop, Ames, Iowa. Feb 26, 2018.
- Preliminary Results of Iowa State University Big Data for (Sm)all Farmers Survey. Presented at the Big Data for (Sm)all Farmers Workshop, Ames, Iowa. Feb 26, 2018.
- Farm Financial Situation in Iowa. Presented at the Grundy County Conservation Offices, Iowa. Feb 22, 2018.
- Ag Economy. Presented at the Iowa Seed Association Seed Forum, Iowa State Fairgrounds, Des Moines, Iowa. Feb 14, 2018.
- Financial stress. Presented at the ISU Crop Advantage Series, Denison, Iowa. Jan 26, 2018.
- How do cover crops affect whole farm profitability? Presented at the Practical Farmers of Iowa Annual Conference, Ames, Iowa. Jan 18, 2018.
- Partial budgets for cover crops in Midwest row crop farming. Presented at Conservation Infrastructure (CI) Initiative - Cover Crops Working Group, Iowa Farm Bureau Federation - West Des Moines, Iowa. Aug 4, 2017.
- Iowa Farm Financial Conditions. Presented at the AAEA Extension Track Session Chicago, Illinois. Aug 1, 2017.
- Farm Financial Outlook. Presented at the NACM Heartland - National Agriculture Retail Credit Exchange Group, Ankeny, Iowa. Mar 2, 2017.
- Managing Margins in 2017. Presented at the 12th Farming for the Future Conference Coalition to Support Iowa’s Farmers. Ames, Iowa. Jan. 19, 2017.